ASCEND SPLITBOARD FESTIVAL:
JASPER NATIONAL PARK 2017
MARCH 10-12, 2017
Celebrate backcountry snowboarding and all things seeking, shredding and safety with Ascend, a guided splitboarding experience in Jasper National Park! Even if you can’t make it out for day tours, head on over to D’ed Dog Bar & Grill for a Fundraising Social on March 11, 2017, with all proceeds going to Avalanche Canada.
Our goal is to celebrate backcountry snowboarding and the people who share the passion. The Ascend community is geared toward backcountry safety, education and increased awareness of the sport. Any and all split-boarders are welcome to participate. Whether you are a seasoned mountain goat or fresh to the backcountry, we provide you with a safe, fun and educational experience set in our beautiful National Parks.
Ascend: Jasper National Park 2017
- Date: March 10-12, 2017
- Cost: $395.00
- Location: Ascend works hand-in-hand with Parks Canada to give our participants access to some of the most beautiful splitboarding venues in the world. We are very fortunate to have the opportunity to operate out of the Canadian Rocky Mountains of Jasper National Park. Our location allows us to get to a variety of terrain and experiences. For our social and fundraising event, our off-snow activities are hosted at The Astoria Hotel, D’ed Dog Bar & Grill and Papa George’s to give our participants an authentic Jasper experience.
- Information: Web / Facebook / Instagram
- 2 days of guided-split boarding with ACMG certified guides
- Safety and equipment review
- Breakfast at our morning guides’ meeting
- A radical t-shirt + sweet swag bag from our partners
- A chance to win some crazy gear from our partners at our Saturday night fundraising social
- A great time with awesome new friends
- Date: March 11, 2017, 7:00pm
- Location: D’ed Dog Bar & Grill
- Details: If you are in Jasper for the weekend and can’t make it out for the day tours, come down to the D’ed Dog On Saturday, March 11th. Our fundraising social is a great time! Eat, drink and win a ton of great prizes! All proceeds from our silent auction and raffle go to support Avalanche Canada and the great things they do.
Partners include: Avalanche Canada, Rockaboo Mountain Adventures, The Alpine Club of Canada, Splitboard HQ, Olive Snowboards, D’ed Dog Bar & Grill, Vicious Jasper, G3, The Easy Rider, Burton, Astoria Hotel, Voile, Sundance Ski & Snowboard, Arc’teryx, Outdoor Research, Papa George’s Restaurant, Prior, Mud, Sweat and Gears, The Jasper Local, Perpetual Notion Design, Jasper Tourism, Marmot, Spot, Wild Mountain, McCallum Printing, BCA, CLIF, Splitboard Mag, Backcountry Skiing Canada, Dakine, Spark R&D, Mec, Moksha Yoga Edmonton + Crowfoot Media
The views and opinions expressed in the articles on CrowfootMedia.com are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the editor, the editorial team or the publishers.
As independent publishers, we’re dedicated to bringing you reliable and high-quality content you won’t find anywhere else. These creative efforts are fuelled by the generous contributions of readers. Consider stoking the fire with a contribution!